Monday, May 11, 2009

Departure to NEW Beginning

While watching Departure (Japanese movie), I make this note; 4.26 am.

I remember I made status note on facebook, stating:

"Nothing is last for forever, treasure every moment you have, cherish every time you get together, hold tight every thing you have NOW."

After watching the movie, it becomes clearer what it means to me.
Every human at one point will pass away and rest from all world things.
We're tired from all the problems, projects, tasks, and maybe life.
We want to sleep at peace and put everything behind.

Often we hear people say that death is beginning of a new journey.
It's not an end but a new starting point.
Like birth, death is also a turning point.
Death and life is like a piece of paper.
Side by side, face to face, both always walk together.

Isn't it funny?
When you die people will take care of you.
Other will decide the coffin, the burial place and ceremony, everything will be prepared for you.
When you die, you will not bring anything.
Just like you came to the world without bringing anything,
you will go back with the same way.
Do they spend hundreds or even thousands for the coffin?
Do they spend hundreds or even thousands for the burial?
Do they spend hundreds or even thousands for the grave?

Can you imagine when somebody leave you forever?
You can't touch, talk, hear, or even look him/her.
Let's say your mother, father, sister, brother, husband, or wife.
Until today, at this moment, I can't imagine I lose my special persons.
Even I know someday they will go and rest in peace.
I still need them all.

How about I leave them first?
Can they face it? Can I accept this fate?
Which one is the easiest choice, be the left one or be the person who leaves?
Can we choose? Do we know the answer?
Do we have any choice?

I think it'll be nice if I can be encoffineer.
I make sure my loved one grant eternal beauty.
I make sure my loved one get eternal rest peacefully.
I make sure my loved one give last memory to me.

Death is life.
Life is death.
When you live, live to the fullest.
Don't hold any regrets.
After you're tired, rest peacefully.
Your new beginning will start very soon after you wake up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for me, i want to others leave me first. It's not like I want to live longer, but it's better if I am the one who take the sadness. And I want to cherish each one of people that has presenced in my life with all I can do. That's the real reason. Though it's just my ego. hahaha. ^^

wilsbear said...

@anonymous: nice thought :)